No cool? No cold air? You feel hot? Nothing’s worse than coming home from a long day at work and escaping to your home to escape the heat and enjoy that luxurious AC you’re used to, only to realize there’s no cold air coming out of any of your registers even though the AC is clearly on. Not to fear! We’re here to inform you of a couple of situations in which your AC may not be cooling and what you should do!
Dreaded A/C No Cool?
- The thermostat in the wrong mode – It could be as simple as your thermostat being in heat instead of cool and your fan is turned to on. Let’s hope it was just a simple mistake!
- Dirty coil – Your coils’ primary responsibility is to absorb heat from your home and release it outside. With the constant air blowing over them, you can imagine that they will get quite dirty over time. Because of this, it’s always optimum to get your AC tuned up every year. Here at All Pro, our tune-up includes many cleaning methods as well to make sure your coils are clean and working efficiently.
- Frozen evaporator coil – Similar to a dirty coil problem, your coils can get frozen and unable to remove heat from your home. At this point, it’s wise to turn off your unit and call us immediately so we can find and fix this issue.
- Refrigerant issues – Your refrigerant’s main task is to carry all the hot air from your house and release it outside. When your refrigerant leaks, that hot air will remain in your home and your refrigerant will need to be sealed up and refilled. Our AC technicians specialize in refrigerant leaks and are trained to react to these situations in any unit with haste.
- Mechanical issues – The inner workings of an AC unit are essential and big problems can happen if they decide to stop working. Condensers can malfunction, compressors can die out, etc. This is why yearly tune-ups are paramount. Here at All Pro, our tune-ups are comprehensive and all-encompassing. We make sure all your electrical connections are tightened, moving parts are lubricated, the unit is cleaned off, and the whole nine yards all to prevent stuff like a no cool from happening.
We pride ourselves in bringing the best service for your AC to your home and would love if you’d give us a call if you haven’t had your AC checked in a couple of years, or are experiencing some problems with the unit itself.
Call Will’s All Pro Plumbing & Air Conditioning today for more information on the dreaded A/C no cool!