A San Antonio furnace tune-up is paramount as the winter months begin to hit. Not only can non-checked furnaces be a safety issue, but it threatens the integrity of your entire system without it properly being checked before you switch it on for the first time in months. Here at Will’s All Pro, we have a meticulous checklist when we go to your house to inspect and tune-up your unit, and we’d like to draw it out for you.
San Antonio Furnace Tune-up Methods and Maintenance Checklist
The notable tasks that we do for your unit are as follows:
- Check and clean the gas burners – The fires in your gas burner need to be burning at the same color and height. We’ll make sure this is happening and make adjustments necessary to its performance.
- Check and clean the ignition system – We check your pilot light/ignition system to make sure everything is fine and that your furnace has no problems starting up. Whether you have a traditional pilot light, an intermittent, or an electrical ignition, we’ll be able to check them all.
- Check and clean the air handler – Your air handler has fan blades that get dirty over time and can inhibit the efficiency of your system. We’ll make sure these are clean and that everything is not misaligned.
- Inspect electrical wiring – We make sure that your electrical wiring to your furnace’s components are working properly and stable. This wiring can sometimes have improper voltage or loose connections and can be an overall hazard if not kept up with.
- Check the heat exchangers – In earlier blogs, we’ve talked about the importance of making sure carbon monoxide isn’t leaked into your home from the heat exchanger. This will always ring true and our tune-ups will make sure there are no cracks and that a full inspection of this exchanger is kept.
- Inspect the air filter – We also do a courtesy check on your filter and make sure it isn’t dirty and replace as needed, depending on your filter size.
- Lubricate all the moving parts – Just like putting WD-40 on a squeaky door, we make sure everything is lubricated to make a quieter more efficient household.
- Inspect and test the thermostat – We’ll check the communication between your thermostat and your furnace and make sure everything is working correctly, as well as scheduling correctly if you have a programmable thermostat.
- Inspect combustion gas venting system – Like carbon monoxide, we want to make sure the gases coming out of your furnace combustion are vented properly and we make sure there are no cracks around the area.
- Inspect safety equipment – Your furnace does not come without its safety features, just in case something does decide to go haywire. We need to make sure all these precautions are working safely to make sure everything is protected.
- Check the gas valves – Sometimes gas valves can become corroded or broken. This can be a dangerous event due to the gas that can spill into your home’s atmosphere. We’ll make sure the integrity is kept and that there are no gas odors lingering around.
Call Will’s All Pro have specialized San Antonio furnace tune-up technicians who have been furnace specialists in San Antonio for years. With Will’s All Pro, we guarantee that you’ll be satisfied.
Call Will’s All Pro Plumbing & Air Conditioning today for your San Antonio furnace tune-up!